Monday, June 20, 2011

I did it, I did it!

Last Monday I did a Make a List Monday and linked up to my buddy Crystal's Blog.  I am proud to say that I finished everything on my list and then some :)  I don't know that I will be able to keep this up every Monday because that would take discipline and dedication and sometimes I lack both.  However, I will show you how I completed my list from last Monday.

1. Jogging 45 minutes.  We do have a schedule of when we can jog but due to life, summer, and aches/pains we have to shift around our schedule.  We jogged last Monday and I only could make it 30 min.then we jogged Thursday and went 38 minutes and (drum roll) Sunday morning marked our 45 minute jog.  Yeah for us!

2.  Re-covering a friends pillows using an old quilt.  I did have some drama with my sewing machine and really thought I would not be able to finish this project this week.  However, because I am determined and handy I fixed the issue and was able to transform all 3 pillows.


3. Spending time with my niece.  This is Gaby scooping our homemade instant strawberry/blueberry jam into the very cute jars that we got earlier at the store.  We planted flower seeds, played the Wii, made jam, had pancakes and went to my friend Crystal's house so that the girls could all play together.  That made a jam packed 2 days :)



So, I completed my list from Monday which I suppose that means that I have to come up with a new list.  Here is my list for this week.

1.  Help Crystal get as prepared as she can for her daughter's upcoming birthday party.  Shopping, creating, and staging are all part of that and I am a willing helper.  I need to help her stay calm!  I have a few projects that we have to have done for the party and you will see the results of that next week.

2.  Family Time - Go and spend time with my niecie and my little sister.  My other sister is coming down over the weekend and it will be a time to spend with more family.  I am doing all of this because on July 2 I leave for Guatemala for my mission trip and I would like to see all my family and hang out with them before I go.

3.  I have several smaller projects that I would like to get done this week.  I have a mirror to paint, a Giggle sign to paint, and a couple of wooden candle sticks to paint.  I will also have new pictures of my niecie that I am going to scrapbook into a frame to hang on my niece and nephew wall. 

Linking to Ordinary Days Make a List Monday


I did do another project over this past week and it took quite awhile and I think that I will do more of this and I am confident as I do more my technique will improve greatly.  I was looking at blogs and came upon Make it and Love it and found embellished t-shirts.  I had found this Old Navy dress at Goodwill and thought that I would embellish it using the technique I had found.

                     
Here is the dress.  I filled in the top part because I am a larger chested girl and pretty modest plus I figured that I could sew more flowers on it if I did.


 I used some other t-shirts that I had in my drawer that hardly got worn and decided to go with red, yellow, orange and a little green.  I love color and that goes for my clothing as well.  I made some large circles and followed the template shared on Make It and Love It




Here is the finished product but I decided that it was really hard to see while it was hanging on a hanger and so I put it on and here is what it looks like.  I really like it and can so see myself doing this for many other things.  I have even been thinking about Christmas presents already.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is SO cute. I will show this dress on my blog one day this week!!

    Keep me calm, lol. I need one of those "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters/prints everyone has. :) See you in a bit.

    ReplyDelete