Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crazy Week

So, this week has been crazy. Of course it started out with my first step back into the world of dating. That was a nice time but unfortunately I am not as ready as I want to be. So, now I have to figure out how to still be friends with the very nice guy who asked me out and I am having trouble doing that because I really feel guilty for not falling head over heels.

Then my 1 year divorce anniversary was Feb. 17th and it was a sad reflective day for me. I can't believe that it has been a year. But as I reflect on the year that I have had I think of all the things that I have done that I would never have done if I were still married. I have rented an apartment, bought a car, gotten my ears double pierced, gotten a tattoo, had my hair professionally high lighted, bought an Ipod, bought a Wii, started teaching in a new school, grown closer to God, had a first date, started an application to get a passport and many more things that I could probably go on about all day. I have also most importantly found myself. I have found the independent, boisterous, fun girl that I had lost. I am happy to have her back.

I used to think that I had my life all figured out and that is when God threw me a curve ball. I am trying to navigate a new life and even though I am still sad about all that I did lose God is showing me that he has much more planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment